Sunday, May 2, 2010

Deviations in the Schedule

I'm the kind of person that freaks out when the schedule gets interrupted. People not arriving on time? What do we do?!!! We can't WAIT, because we've only got limited time as it is! Pressure. Stress. Call them all and see where they are and why they're not here and when they'll be here and how we can possibly manage to get anything done!

But I'm also spontaneous. I'll get in the car and take a random weekend trip with only an hour's notice. Or I'll call someone up for dinner at 6 pm. I'll take that schedule that rules my life and rip it up and do what I want. Unless, of course, I'm freaking out about it.

A few days ago, I disturbed the schedule. Actually, I blew it up with a stick of dynamite. I went hiking after work, barely made it to the top in time to see the sunset, then rushed down before darkness set it.

Nothing got done for the evening. I skipped my class. I didn't clean or cook dinner. I seriously messed up the routine.

It was good for my soul.

We all need more spontaneity.

No comments:

Post a Comment