Monday, January 25, 2010

Spontaneous decisions

Tonight I announced a decision, which I only decided as I was speaking it. I've made a commitment that I wasn't expecting. I'd thought about it, then intentionally decided not to make that commitment for a while. Then I proceeded to commit to it.

I'd love to say that the Spirit moved me. Maybe he did, but I sure wasn't aware of it. In fact, I opened my mouth to say one thing and another came out. I guess that means it was the Spirit... or a terrible mistake.

So now, the only thing left, is to pray it was the right thing. To pray for guidance as I follow through on it. To pray for God's blessing, wisdom, and work through it all. To pray for strength to accomplish it. And to sit back and see what God's got in store.

So, I guess I'll be leading a small group for my church now.

No comments:

Post a Comment